Drone Injury Lawyers
Drones are becoming more popular, but as recent cases show, drone technology can cause injuries. Contact a drone injury attorney today! (978) 744-8000.
Drones, which originated as technology that allowed for safe U.S. surveillance in high conflict areas like Afghanistan, have also become a popular new toy for people of all ages. Drones can be both useful and fun to fly, but unfortunately, they also have the ability to cause serious injury. Here’s what you need to know about drones and where to get help if you or a loved one were the victim of drone injuries.
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Drone Facts & Statistics
Whether or not you’re familiar with drones, you may not be aware of these interesting drone facts:
- Drones available to purchase from department stores or malls are called UAV’s, or “unmanned aerial vehicles”
- A drone can cost between $50 to $1,500 depending on the level of technology used
- All national parks have banned drones from flying over their property lines
- Drones can fly as high as 400+ feet
- Drones can fly at speeds over 140 mph
Uses for Drones
Drones can be used for a wide variety of personal and commercial activities, including but not limited to:
- Flying for fun, much like one might fly a kite or a remote-controlled airplane
- Real estate photography, to capture aerial photos of large estates
- Aircraft inspections, to ensure that all aspects of an aircraft are in working order before flights
- The study of volcanoes and lava lakes in places where researchers were previously unable to reach due to heat and danger
- Construction surveillance to ensure a construction project is proceeding according to plan
- Mining surveillance to identify problems that could be dangerous for miners or to expose valuable minerals
- Search and rescue missions, to enable multiple people to search far and wide for missing children and adults
- Wedding photography and videography, allowing couples to capture photos and videos from angles that a traditional photographer may not be able to get
- Media coverage for sporting events, marathons and/or outdoor events
Protect Yourself with a No-Fly Zone
Fortunately, there are now ways to protect yourself against drones both invading your privacy and increasing your risk for injury. NoFlyZone.org is a website that allows you to enter in your address and personal information and creates a “no fly zone” around your property that drone operators will see when they check for areas that are safe and acceptable to fly their drone in.
While there are no current requirements to check the no-fly zone database by drone operators, getting your property on the no-fly zone list is a good first step to protecting your privacy and yourself and your loved ones from injury.
How to Get Help After a Drone Injury
If you or a loved one were hurt by a drone, whether the injuries were minor or severe, you may be entitled to compensation to cover damages like medical expenses, lost wages, and more.
At Mazow | McCullough, P.C., we have the skills and resources to help you determine who may be at fault for your injuries and bring a claim forward for financial restitution. We have experience with drones, drone technology, and drone lawsuits and can zealously represent you in a drone injury case. Contact us today for a consultation by e-mail or call us toll free at (855) 693-9084 or locally at (978) 744-8000.