You may be wondering what would happen if you are involved in a motorcycle wreck in New Hampshire or Massachusetts during this unprecedented time. If you are hurt, it may be harder to receive medical care. Fortunately, the following advice from Mazow | McCullough, PC can help you prevent motorcycle accidents.
Tips to Avoid Motorcycle Accidents
What can you do to protect yourself, your loved ones and those you share the road with from the dangers of motorcycle accidents? There are a few safety provisions that you should remember:
- Maintain your motorcycle and make sure that it is always in good working condition. Do regular check-ups to ensure that nothing needs a tune-up. Get professional repair help if needed.
- Avoid riding with passengers if you know that they may distract you on the road, especially during this unusual time.
- Do not ride your bike in inclement weather or when other hazardous conditions are present. Checking weather and traffic conditions before you head out on the road can help you safely prepare for your ride – you can do so online.
- Stay alert when riding your motorcycle. Scan your surroundings for hazards and always stay aware of what your fellow motorists are doing on the road.
- Avoid using a cell phone or any other electronic device while riding, which is now illegal in the state of Massachusetts. GPS devices and other necessities should be set in order before you begin your ride.
- Take a motorcycle safety training course. Education can truly save a life, especially if you are a new rider or have not brushed up on your safety knowledge for a long time.
These tips are important to remember – not only during this challenging time, but forever. Making a note of them now and taking them seriously for the rest of your life can help you make the roads safer for everyone, including yourself.
A Word on Drinking and Biking
It is also important to remember that you must never drink before riding your motorcycle, which is illegal as well as extremely dangerous. Unfortunately, many motorists are involved in alcohol-related crashes each year in the United States.
If you know you will be drinking, plan ahead. Enlist the aid of a trusted friend or family member to transport you or allow you to spend a night at their home as needed.
Motorcycle Accidents in Massachusetts and New Hampshire: Where to Get Help
Knowing how to help protect yourself and others during this challenging period can help you feel greater control over your life and safety. However, if you or a loved one has already faced a motorcycle accident, contact Mazow | McCullough, PC. We are still here to help you find justice for pain and suffering as a result of motorcycle accidents.